THE LATEST FROM THREE FARMERS
Here is another nutritious kitchen creation from Three Farmers dietitian, Heather Deck PDt(c).
- 1 ½ Cups Red Split Lentils, rinsed
- 3 Cups Vegetable Broth
- ½ Cup Coconut Milk
- 1 Carrot, Cubed
- 1 Onion
- 3 Cloves of Garlic, Minced
- 2 Cups Fresh Spinach
- 3 Tbsp Three Farmers Original Camelina Oil
- 1 tsp Curry Powder
- ½ tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- 2 Tbsps. Freshly Grated Ginger
- 2 Tbsps. Green Curry Paste*
- Juice from 1 Lemon
- In a large pot on medium heat, sauté garlic and onions in Three Farmers Original Camelina Oil.
- When the onions have become transparent, add lentils, carrots, ginger, spices and water. Bring the lentils and water to a boil and cook uncovered for 10 minutes, stirring frequently to prevent the lentils from burning.
- Add the coconut milk, lemon juice and spinach to the pot and let simmer until the spinach has completely wilted.
- Serve on its own with naan bread for dipping, or on top of whole grain basmati rice.
*Add extra curry paste if you would like a spicier Dal.
Leftover Dal makes a for a quick and delicious lunch for the next day!