THE LATEST FROM THREE FARMERS
- 1 Cup Quinoa
- 1 Cup Chicken Broth (Or Vegetable Broth)
- 1 Cup Frozen Broccoli, chopped into small pieces
- ¾ Cup Old Cheddar Cheese
- 2 TBSP Three Farmers Original Camelina Oil
- 1 TBSP Garlic Powder
- 1 TBSP Onion Powder
- ½ TBSP Dried Parsley
- ½ TBSP Dried Basil
- ½ TBSP Dried Thyme
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 2 Tsp Ground Black Pepper
- Place the dried quinoa, broth, salt, and 1 TBSP Three Farmers Original Camelina Oil into a sauce pan on medium heat. Cover the sauce pan and heat until it has started to bubble, reduce to low with the lid on and let simmer until all the cooking liquid has been absorbed and the quinoa in fluffy, about 10 – 15 minutes.
- Once the quinoa has fully absorbed all the broth, add the chopped broccoli, cheddar cheese, dried spices, and 1 TBSP of Three Farmers Original Camelina Oil. Mix together and cover with the lid for another 5 minutes or until the broccoli has turned a bright green color and the cheese is melted.
- Stir again to ensure everything has been combined and serve.
Recipe compliments of Three Farmers dietitian – Heather Deck, RD