THE LATEST FROM THREE FARMERS
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, baking soda and spices together, set aside.
- In another large bowl, cream the butter and sugar with an electric mixer.
- Add the vanilla extract, the egg and molasses, mix until fully combined.
- Add the flour mixture and combine.
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Sprinkle flour on a clean surface, take a handful of dough and roll out to about 3/8” thickness and cut with your favorite cookie cutter shapes.
- Repeat this step until you have filled a cookie sheet with cut out cookies and bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 8 – 10 minutes.
- Eat as is or decorate with royal icing and enjoy!