THE LATEST FROM THREE FARMERS
Serves 6. Recipe courtesy of Chef Nicole Forster.
Ingredients – Salad
- 1 cup of cooked quinoa grain, cool and set aside
- 1/2 cup of cooked millet grain, cool and set aside
- 1 pink lady apple, chopped into small cubes
- 1green apple, chopped into cubes
- 3 spring onion stalks or chives, chopped finely
- 2 stalks celery, finely diced
- crushed walnut pieces and green grapes halved (optional)
Ingredients – Dressing
- 1/2 cup Three Farmers Camelina Oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- juice of a large lemon
- liquid honey – approx 2-3 tbsp
- salt and pepper to taste
Cook the grains as you would rice, usually 1 cup of grain/double the amount of water. Millet may take slightly longer. You can also add stock to the mix.
Once cooled, break grains apart and flake with a fork. Add other ingredients and dressing.