THE LATEST FROM THREE FARMERS
1 – Three Farmers Roasted Garlic Chili Oil & Fresh Cherry Tomatoes
2- Rustic Garden Tomato Sauce with Pasta
3 – Simple Whole Wheat Pizza Dough. Garnished with Heather’s Favourite Toppings
Rustic Garden Tomato Sauce
- 1 Pound Cherry or Grape Tomatoes
- 3 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- ½ White Onion Chopped
- ½ Cup Three Farmers Roasted Garlic & Chili Camelina Oil (You can also substitute with Three Farmers Original Camelina Oil)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Basil
- 1 Tbsp Oregano
- 2 tsp Light Brown Sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Add garlic, onions and tomatoes to a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- In a small bowl, whisk together Three Farmers Roasted Garlic & Chili Camelina Oil, salt, basil, oregano and brown sugar. Drizzle this mixture over the tomatoes and mix together so that everything is evenly coated.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the tomatoes are softened and caramelized, about 1 hour.
- Remove from oven, with the back of a spoon lightly smash some of the tomatoes to create a rustic, chunky tomato sauce.
- Serve over pasta on its own or with an added protein such as grown turkey or lentils, on top of chicken, as a base for pizzas and flatbreads or as a dip for breadsticks.
Simple Whole Wheat Pizza Dough
- 1 Package Instant Dry Yeast
- 1 Cup Warm Water
- 2 ½ Cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 3 Tbsp Three Farmers Original Camelina Oil
- 2 tsp White Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tbsp Dried Oregano
- Your Favorite Pizza Toppings – I often use a marinara sauce or a pesto sauce for the base and top with sautéed onions, peppers and mushrooms, halved cherry tomatoes and an Italian cheese blend!
- In a small bowl, combine the yeast with the warm water. Let this sit for about 10 minutes until the yeast becomes creamy.
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups of whole wheat flour, sugar, salt, garlic powder and oregano.
- Add 2 Tbsp Three Farmers Original Camelina Oil and the water and yeast mixture to the flour mixture and combine.
- Knead the dough by hand or place in a stand mixer using the dough hook attachment. If the dough is still sticky and moist, add the remaining ½ cup of flour and continue to knead or mix until the dough becomes stiff. This will take about 10 minutes.
- Form the dough into a ball and place in an oiled bowl, place a clean tea towel over the bowl and let sit for approximately 30 minutes or until the dough has rises to double the size.
- When dough has risen, turn onto a well floured surface and roll out flat. Place the flattened dough on a baking sheet or a pizza stone and begin to add your favorite toppings.
- Before baking, brush the crust of the dough with the remaining 1 Tbsp of Three Farmers Original Camelina Oil.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 425 degrees for 15 – 20 minutes, or until the edges of the crust have turned golden brown and the cheese is melted and golden.
Recipes compliments of Three Farmers dietitian – Heather Deck, RD