THE LATEST FROM THREE FARMERS
This yummy fall soup comes to us from Chef Nicole Forster from www.savouryfoods.ca
- I large head of Cauliflower – chopped small
- 2 stalks celery – diced
- 1 large Onion diced
- 2 bulbs of Fennel – cored and chopped finely
- 3 apples – peeled and diced – Mcintosh, Spartan, or Pink Lady
- 4 cups stock – chicken or vegetable Stock (your choice) you may need to add more water later depending on desired consistency
- 3 tbsp Three Farmers Camelina oil
- 1 tsp Fresh tarragon, Thyme (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp Dried Herbs de Provence
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
Get out your big soup pot and put over medium heat. Add the camelina oil and onions first, gradually add celery and fennel – till softened. Add apples and sauté with other ingredients. Add your cauliflower, spices, and sugar. Stir occasionally to incorporate flavours and make sure bottom ingredients don’t burn.
After 5 minutes – add the stock and cover your pot. Bring Soup to a boil for 10-15 minutes. Turn off burner and leave to rest.
When cooled slightly – you can blend with a hand blender and then season to taste with salt and pepper.