THE LATEST FROM THREE FARMERS
- 2 Cups Three Farmers Roasted Chickpeas, Lightly Salted
- ½ Cup Graded Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Tsp Salt
- ½ TBSP Pepper
- 1 TBSP Dried Parsley
- 1 TBSP Garlic Powder
- 1 TBSP Onion Powder
- 1 Block of Firm Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 Zucchinis
- 15 White Button Mushrooms
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Jar of your favorite marinara or pizza sauce for dipping 😊
- Remove the stems from the mushrooms, wash and set to dry
- Cut the zucchini into evenly sized sticks. Cut the Mozzarella cheese into the similar, evenly sized sticks.
- Add all the Three Farmers Lightly Salted Roasted Chickpeas to a food processor, pulse until the chickpeas have become a fine powder. Place the ground chickpeas into a large bowl, add the garlic powder, onion powder, dried parsley, salt and pepper and mix. Set the bowl to the side.
- In a medium bowl, crack two eggs and whisk well.
- Dip the mushrooms, zucchini sticks, and mozzarella sticks into the egg mixture a few pieces of a time. Make sure that each piece is fully coated in egg.
- Place the sticks and mushrooms that are coated in egg, into the ground chickpea mixture. Toss the sticks and mushrooms around, ensuring all sides are covered.
- Repeat steps 6 and 7, dipping the breaded mushrooms and sticks into the egg and again into the ground chickpea mixture.
- Place the mushrooms and zucchini sticks on a cookie sheet and into the fridge.
- Place the mozzarella sticks onto a cookie sheet and into the freezer for 2 hours.
- Once 2 hours have past, pre-Heat the oven to 425 degrees. If there is room, transfer the mozzarella sticks onto the cookie sheet with the mushrooms and zucchini.
- Bake in the oven for 20 making sure to flip each piece once half way through the baking process.
- Serve with your favorite marinara sauce or pizza sauce and enjoy!
Recipe compliments of Three Farmers dietitian – Heather Deck, RD