- 1 1/2 lbs thin green beans, trimmed
- 1/2 cup whole almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Three Farmers camelina oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest (or juice)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Steam or boil the green beens in a pot until tender, but still crunch. In a pan toast the almonds in the camelina oil over medium heat for 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add garlic; cook and stir for 1 minute. Add almond mixture, 1 tablespoon lemon peel, salt, and pepper to green beans; toss gently to coat. Transfer bean mixture to a serving dish. If desired, sprinkle with additional lemon peel.