- 3 parsnips or carrots, peeled, quartered lengthways
- 6 beetroot bulbs, peeled, cut into 6 wedges
- 1 celeriac, peeled, diced large
- 2 fennel bulbs, trimmed, cut lengthways into thick slices
- 12 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1⁄4 cup three farmers camelina oil
- 1 tsp salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 12 sprigs of thyme
Preheat over to 400°F
Combine the parsnips, beetroot, celeriac, fennel, garlic, camelina oil, salt and lots of pepper to taste in a large bowl. Toss with hands to combine and coat vegetables well. Spread evenly in a large roasting pan and roast in preheated oven for about 45 minutes. Meanwhile, combine vinegar and sugar in a small bowl and stir until sugar dissolves. Remove vegetables from oven and pour vinegar mixture evenly over top. Sprinkle with thyme and use a large metal spoon to toss well and distribute thyme evenly. Return vegetables to oven.
Roast for a further 15 minutes or until just the sugar caramelizes and the vegetables are soft.