Recipe courtesy of Chef Mary Hulbert
A traditional pesto is made with pine nuts. This version replaces the pine nuts with hemp seeds for a nut-free version making it a great option for kids school lunches. Hemp seeds are also high in protein.
Ingredients - Makes 6-8 Servings
- 1/2 cup Three Farmers Camelina Oil
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons hemp seeds (plus extra for garnish)
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup baby spinach
- 2 1/2cups chopped fresh herbs (i.e. italian parsley, basil, cilantro)
- sea salt, to taste
In a food processor, mix together the camelina oil oil and lemon juice until creamy. Add chopped garlic and hemp seeds and mix for 10-15 seconds more. Add fresh herbs and and baby spinach and pulse until just combined. Transfer into mixing bowl. Add extra hemps as desired. Taste and add sea salt, if desired.
Store covered in the fridge for 5 - 7 days.
← Older Post
Newer Post →