Recipe compliments of Three Farmers dietitian Heather Deck, RD.
- 2 Cups Quick-Cooking Rolled Oats
- 1 Cup Dark Brown Sugar
- ¾ Cup Lentil Puree*
- ½ Cup Three Farmers Original Camelina Oil
- 1/3 Cup of a pellet-like bran cereal (All Bran Buds)
- 1/3 Cup of Three Farmers Lightly Salted Crunchy Little Lentils
- 1/3 Cup Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- 1 Egg
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- ¼ Dark Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Add the oats, brown sugar, bran cereal, Three Farmers Lightly Salted Crunchy Little Lentils, shredded coconut and cinnamon into a medium bowl and mix.
- In a small bowl add lentil puree, Three Farmers Original Camelina Oil, egg and vanilla and mix.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until the dry ingredients are covered.
- Spread the mixture into a 9x13 baking dish and bake for 30 minutes.
- Take the baking dish out of the oven and pour the dark chocolate chips on top. Place the pan back in the oven for 2 minutes to melt the chocolate.
- Remove the bars from the oven and gently spread the melted chocolate over the bars.
- Optional – top the bars with shredded coconut while the chocolate is still warm.
- Cool the bars, cut and serve. Store in the refrigerator or freezer.