This recipe is a perfect recipe to use up some of that zucchini your garden produced in droves this year!
- ½ cup Three Farmers Camelina Oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 ½ cups coarsely grated zucchini
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup toasted, crushed pecans or walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and line a 9x5 loaf pan, bottom and up the sides, with parchment paper
- Whisk the camelina oil, eggs, sugar, and vanilla together in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir in the zucchini to coat it with the flour and stir into the wet mixture just until blended. Fold in the chocolate chips and pecans/walnuts (if using) and scrape the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake the loaf for 50 to 60 minutes, until a tester inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean. Cool the cake completely in the pan until turning out to slice.
- The loaf will keep, well wrapped, for up to 3 days, and can be frozen for up to 3 months.
· This recipe may also be used as muffins*