By Elysia Vandenhurk
- 3 large Beets, peeled and grated
- 4 tbsp Three Farmers Camelina Oil
- 4 cups Chicken or Vegetable Broth
- 6 cups of Water
- 3 medium Potatoes, peeled and diced small
- 2 large Carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 large Celery stalks, chopped
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, diced small
- 1 medium White Onion, diced small
- 2 large Garlic Cloves
- 4 tbsp Tomato Sauce or Ketchup
- 2 cups of Chickpeas, cooked or canned
- 3 tbsp Cider Vinegar
- 4 tbsp chopped, Fresh Dill
- Salt and Cracked Pepper, to taste
- Peel, grate and/or slice all vegetables.
- Heat camelina oil in a large soup pot over medium/high heat. Add beets and sauté 10 minutes, until beets are softened.
- Add 4 cups of broth and 6 cups of water. Add sliced potatoes and sliced carrots then cook for 10-15 minutes or until fork tender.
- While potatoes are cooking, heat a large skillet over medium/high heat and add 2 Tbsp oil. Saut chopped onion, celery and bell pepper and garlic until softened and slightly browned. Mix in the tomato sauce or ketchup and transfer to the soup pot.
- When potatoes and carrots reach desired softness, add the beans, bay leaves, cider vinegar, dill. Simmer for an additional 2-3 minutes and season with salt and pepper.
- Top and serve with sour cream and Three Farmers Crunchy Chickpeas!